VAST is a comprehensive professional organization
dedicated to the advancement of science education for all.
(7.6.14) Vacancy – Buckingham County High School Science Teacher (endorsement in Biology and/or Earth Science). For more information, email Director of Human Resources Brian Agee Green at email@example.com.
(6.5.2014) Please check out the Advocacy page to see the latest VAST response regarding the education reform bills.
_______________Teaching Science with a T.E.A.M. Approach (STEM + the Arts = S.T.E.A.M.) Mini-Conference
July 30th, 8:30 am – 2 pm, Osbourn High School, Manassas City Public Schools
- For All Interested Educators in NK-12 & Guests; School Teams Encouraged
- Panel & Forum: “Why S.T.E.A.M.?”; Three Breakout Presentations & Workshops on teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and the Arts with integration of 2 or more of these STEAM subjects for a T.E.A.M. Approach
- Panelists, Presenters, & Contributors from Wolf Trap’s (National Park for the Performing Arts) Education Program, the Kennedy Center, the Northern VA S.T.E.A.M. Table Members, Virginia Ballet Company & School, Not Just Dance, Virginia Association of Science Teachers, Battlefields of Northern Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics, National Wildlife Federation, American Institute of Aeronautics & Astronautics, US House of Representatives STEAM Caucus, NSTA, NCTM, VCTM, Engineers, I.T. Specialists, Educators, and Artists
- Networking Opportunities among grade levels, subject areas, and with private sector “experts”; vertical alignment and lesson designs to share
- 5.5 recertification points with participation and upon completion of surveys
- $15 Registration Fee includes Panera “Working Lunch”, Door Prizes, Gift Bags
- Conference sponsored by the Virginia Association of Science Teachers, Region IV & Co-Sponsored by the Battlefields of Northern Virginia Council of Teachers of Mathematics. Two-for-one Registration- VAST or BNVCTM member can sponsor a non-member & split fee. Please send by postal mail or e-mail the following information, by Friday, July 25th: Name School District _____ Subject Area/Grade Level _____ VAST Member? _____ BNVCTM? _____ E-mail address during Summer ______ Phone Contact (home or cell) _____ $15 fee (check to: VAST Region IV or cash) enclosed or on-site. Fee is due from each participant. If VAST member and non-member sponsored participant, $15 is due for pair. TO: Susan Bardenhagen, VAST Region IV Director Smb4STEAM@gmail.com P.O. Box 2974, Manassas, VA 20108
Science Education Safety
The PDF files below are for science safety guides. The guides are free to schools to download. To read or print the files you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer.
The guides were published by Council of State Science Supervisors (CSSS) with support from the American Chemical Society, the Eisenhower National Clearinghouse for Mathematics and Science Education, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, DuPont Corporation, Intel Corporation, American Chemical Society, and the National Institutes of Health. You may print and distribute the booklet to teachers and other educators.
Science Safety Information to Download:
- Science and Safety, Making the Connection (PDF) - A Secondary Safety Guide
General Science Safety
Safety Web Links
|View Grants||Annual PDI||Membership|